In addition to the BlackBerry World celebrations, the BBM Shop is also celebrating its one year of existence and over at the Inside BlackBerry Blog, Matthew Talbot, Senior Vice President - Emerging Solutions at BlackBerry has shared some stats on its level of usage and offers some insight on just how many people are out there actually buying and using stickers for BBM.
Stickers Sent (since April 1, 2014):
- More than 1.87 billion total
- Currently 500 million per month
- 20 percent of sticker-enabled users send at least 1 sticker per week
- The average sticker user sends about 10 stickers per week
- More than 1.5 billion total visits
- Currently 250 million per month
- Inventory of more than 250 items
- Average BBM Shop user visits about 3 times per week
BBM Shop Momentum
The blue line shows the number of stickers sent, while the green-blue line shows the number of shop visits, which BlackBerry attributes to more, better products and improving features like the 'Picker'.
As we learned from interviews with BlackBerry CEO John Chen after the latest earnings report, BlackBerry still has plenty planned for the monetization of BBM and the BBM Shop and as the blog post notes, more improvements to the BBM Shop experience are coming this year. We'll just have to wait and see what they are.