BBM Music updated to version 22.214.171.124
Earlier this week we saw a BBM Music beta hit that was only available to Canadians but luckily for the rest of us this update has rolled out officially and version 126.96.36.199 is ready for your downloading pleasure. This update brought a slew of new features to the table, such as the ability to request a subscription from a BBM contact, send invites via Twitter and Facebook, and much more. If you are a current subscriber be sure to hit the link below and grab the update, and if you are not currently a BBM Music user be sure to sign up before January 4, 2012 to get 4 months free. Full list of improvements available after the break!
More information / download of BBM Music
What's new in BBM Music 1.1?:
- Ability to Request a Gift – Users can ask their BBM Contacts for a subscription to BBM Music.
- Added Notifications – Splat notifications to continue free trials and prior to first subscription charge
- Integration with BBM ‘Show what I’m listening to’ - Playing songs in BBM Music will update BBM Status if ‘Show what I’m listening to’ is selected within BBM (Requires BBM 6.1)
- Server side search improvements for new releases and popular content
Subscription Gift Requests
- Invites via Twitter and Facebook
- Visible cues to add contacts at application start
- Searching contacts by name
- Sorting contacts by listens and recent updates
- Improved “Add Songs” dialog
- Improved playlist creation process
- Improved performance throughout the app
- Bug fixes
You can now make a Gift Request when your trial completely expires. This lets you ask one of your BBM contacts to pay for your subscription, and allows users without a payment method to easily subscribe
- When your trial expires, initiate a gift request from Options > Account Info > Gift Request
- Select the BBM contact you want to request the gift from
- Your contact will receive the request
- Your contact enter their payment info, and the payment is processed
- You receive confirmation of the gift
- You enjoy free music for 30 days
Invite Friends via Text Message and Social Networks
You can now invite friends to BBM Music via text message, Twitter, and Social Feeds! It's easy!
‘Show What I’m Listening To’ Integration
- Navigate to the Friends tab
- Select “Add Contact”
- Social Feeds invites can be posted to BBM, Facebook, Twitter, or Windows Live Messenger. You must have Social Feeds installed with your OS in order to use the Social Feeds feature.
BBM Music 1.1 is integrated with the ‘Show what I’m listening to’ feature in BBM 6.1.
- In BBM 6.1, view your BBM profile
- Select the checkbox
- Any music played in BBM Music 1.1 will show as your status message in BBM 6.1