Digging BBM Channels? It's been a while since we've seen an update to the beta app but some new versions are now being rolled out through the BlackBerry Beta Zone for BlackBerry 10 and BlackBerry OS. This time around, there is plenty of joy to be had as well as there is a whole slew of new feature additions that have been added. Here's a quick run down for you all.
- Chat! - Ability to chat device to device. From the Channel overview or profile you can start a chat with the channel owner. - If you’re a channel owner, make sure you enable chat in your channel profile.
- Subscriber count added to channel profile: no longer will you need to wonder the subscriber count for the channels you are subscribed to.
- Search Improvements: support for pagination and a new search animation.
- Support new lines in create post description field: add intrigue to your post by spacing out your description.
- Allow channel owners to exclude their channels from search – users can now create channels that will be excluded from search.
- Active text support for Channel PIN’s - whenever a BBM Channel ID is noted, users can select the Channel ID to open up the Channel within BBM. *Already supported on BBOS, new to BlackBerry 10
Oddly enough, the update isn't showing in the freshly released BlackBerry Beta Zone app for BlackBerry 10 but you can still log into the BlackBerry Beta Zone and grab the download the same ways as previously, meaning through the autoloader app or OTA if you're on a BlackBerry OS device. Be sure to hit up the official CrackBerry BBM Channel as well using PIN C00012B19.