If you're a BBM Channels user watch your Beta Zone account for an update. The update isn't a big update but it does bring a few new features, the biggest being the ability to now block comments that contain a PIN or CPIN (Channel PIN). A lot of people have complained about the amount of spam making its way into the comments that do not have anything to do with the content posted, so this is a welcome addition for many.
Also included in the updated is a new Updates tab. It replaces the Contacts tab found along the Action Bar at the bottom of the BBM app. This ties in nicely with the last update which brought about the feature of being able to reply to your contacts' status updates.
There are also some other updates specific to BlackBerry OS and BlackBerry 10, which I think are pretty neat.
New features in BBM Channels update:
- New Updates Tab: A new, easily accessible updates filter can now be found in the Updates section! Effortlessly switch your updates view between ‘All’, ‘Contacts’ and ‘Channels’.
- Block comments that have PIN or CPIN: getting sick of spam? Wish people would stop posting their PIN in comments? Now your subscribers won’t be able to post their personal PIN or Channel PIN in the comments.
BlackBerry 10 Users Only:
- "Start Chat" Button: From the Chats tab you can now quickly start a BBM Chat with a contact by selecting the new chat icon!
BlackBerry OS Users Only:
- Threaded Comment Notifications – Following the conversation is easier than ever!
- Favorite Channels – Highlight your favorite Channels to control which notifications you receive.
If you don't see the update available yet, check back later. If you're lucky enough to have the Beta Zone app for BlackBerry 10, load it up and see for updates. If you haven't yet given it a try, you can sign up for a Beta Zone account today.
If you're looking to follow members of the CrackBerry team, you can find our BBM Channel PINs here.