BBM Channels was announced during the Live Keynote session at BlackBerry Live 2013. BBM Channels allows you to communicate with others and your followers. You can create a channel for yourself, a brand, business or community, where people can then follow and get direct updates from you.
Key features of BBM Channels:
- Channel Profile - View personalized channel profiles for each BBM Channel including additional content helping to bring the channel to life such as a welcome messages, images, maps and more.
- Receive Posts - Stay up to date on the things that matter to you with instant updates from your subscribed channels. Receive notification when new posts are available and chose whether you would like to be notified.
- Engagement options - Get involved in conversations with your favorite communities by commenting on and liking posts from the Channels to which you have subscribed. Or share interesting posts with your BBM contacts.
- Chat (Coming Soon) - Get more personal with one to one conversations. Many BBM Channels allow subscribers to enjoy private conversations via BBM.
- Discovery - Easily find and share your favorite communities on BBM Channels. Check out which Channels are currently featured on the carousel. Channel invites can be shared between BBM contacts or add a Channel via PIN or QR code.
- User Controls - Be in control of your notifications with the BBM Channel mute button. It allows you to select exactly which subscribed channels you would like to receive notifications from.
If you have a Beta Zone account you can download it now. For BlackBerry OS users you can download BBM Channels OTA. You need to have BBOS 5 and above running on your legecy device. If you have a BlackBerry 10 smartphone, you will need a PC. No Mac support unfortunately. You can have either BlackBerry 10 OS 10 or 10.1 running. Login in to your Beta Zone account and download the BBM Channels loader from there.
Don't forget you can follow members of CrackBerry on there already.