The latest update to BBM for Android has now arrived and this time around folks can expect a few new features as well as the typical bug fixes. On top of the new features and bug fixes, there is also some general UI changes that have been noted in the changelog.
- Share your photos with all your contacts via the new post to feeds option. It's selfie time!
- BBM Channels now support video posts! - Read here to learn more about this feature
- We've updated the default contact layout from grid to list view.
- BBM Channels is now accessible through the discover menu.
- Timed messages now default to 25-second expiry.
- Make group chats easier to organize by including a chat name for multi-person chats.
- The barcode scanner is now more prominently displayed in the menu.
- New BBM Game Center in Discover menu (Indonesia)
- BBM Pulsa/PLN in Discover menu (Indonesia)
- BBM Voucher in Discover menu (Indonesia)
- Airtime Nigeria in Discover menu (Nigeria)
- Bug Fixes
One item that stands out here for me is the BBM Channels support for video posts, but it's not as straightforward as just uploading a video. You can check out the BBM blog for more details on that feature. In any case, the update is live right now so go ahead and grab it for yourself if you haven't already.