During BlackBerry World 2012, RIM's Global Head of the Gaming Category Anders Jeppsson announced a few titles that would be making their way onto the BlackBerry platform. Among the titles he announced therein lied a gem, Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode I. Now, depending on your age you may not remember the game, but for those who do, it's pure nostalgia. The game has been developed officially by Sega America, so you know you're getting the real deal and not a half baked port.
- 2 EXCLUSIVE LEVELS!!! - Two exclusive levels built specifically for using the accelerometer.
- NEW MOVES - All of Sonic's classic moves are available, including the newer Homing Attack, which will add a new level of control and excitement.
- CLASSIC SONIC STAGES - Race through 4 unique zones containing 4 acts each as well as 7 special stages.
- SPECIAL STAGES RETURN - A staple of the Genesis-era games, the special stages return allowing fans to collect the 7 Chaos Emeralds and unlock Super Sonic.
- REVAMPED CLASSIC BOSS BATTLES - Dr. Eggman returns with new and improved mechas and will go berserk when he accumulates damage.
For those of you who haven't had a chance to experience the Sonic franchises in the past, let me fill you in. The premise of the game is to collect as many rings as you can, but also release as many of the animals from their robotic capsules as you can. The cool thing about this version of Sonic the Hedgehog is that it's been redeveloped with the BlackBerry PlayBook in mind. This being said there are special parts in which you will be using the PlayBook's accelerometer to move yourself through the level; also all the graphics have been increased to fit the high-resolution screen. If you are looking to relive your past, or just want some addicting fun, you have to check out Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode I. It's available in BlackBerry App World for $6.99.