With over 7 million players already on other mobile platforms, BADLAND has now made its way to BlackBerry 10 and I suspect this one will swiftly go to the top of the charts in BlackBerry World as it oozes awesomeness!
The game is the perfect example of a side scrolling adventure game where your character (which looks a bit like a hedgehog with wings!) must dodge obstacles and maintain a steady pace in order to reach the end of the level. As the background is always moving, if you get trapped, you'll be pulled out of the level to start again.
Controlling your character is done by simply tapping on the screen to make him fly upwards. As you make your way through the levels there will be orange orbs you can collect that will either increase or decrease the size of you depending on what obstacles lay ahead. You can also pick up some friends, who look just like you, and they too can help, in particular when you come up against some fallen debris that needs some extra power to move it.
As well as a single player mode you can also play with up to three buddies. Each of you will get a quarter of the screen to tap to control your character and it's a case of who can survive the longest.
With Scoreloop integration you can share your scores via BlackBerry 'Games' which is always great to see. The graphics and sound affects are truly stunning with BADLAND. If you can spare £2.50/$3.99 this one will suck you in and give you hours of fun. The game is also supported by all BlackBerry 10 handsets, so no limitations on whether you are full touch user or hardware keyboard addict.
Full features of the game include:
- Single-player campaign with 70 truly unique levels and more coming in updates
- Multiplayer mode for up to four players playing with the same device in 20 levels and more coming in updates
- Intuitive one-touch controls combined with innovative level design
- Highly immersive audio-visual gaming experience
- 100% indie game (no publisher, no investor)
- No in-app purchases (player gets the whole game experience optimized to all of his/her devices)
- Scoreloop Cloud support (player's game progress is synced between all linked BlackBerry 10 devices)
- More levels and content coming in updates