Every now and then I tend to switch things up a bit when it comes to my avatar on BBM and other social networks. Not to mention I also prefer setting a custom image for friends and family in my contact list. That being said, Avatart for your BBM and contact avatars, from the developer behind SuperTube, is the latest app to hit the storefront that allows you to do just that.
The application is easy to use through there is a tutorial included for reference. The interface is rather simple but your finished gif is created in a matter of moments. As BBM requires a smaller size for gifs and images, there is an option to adjust the quality and pixel size accordingly.
Gifs are created using your existing photos, searching and retrieving images from the internet, or taking new ones by way of your camera application. There are two ways to create the animation within the application. You can either manually adjust the image frame by frame or automatically set the start and end position and it completes the sequence for you. Other adjustments available include modifying the frame delay rate and being able to delete any or all parts of the sequence to created your customized gif.
- BlackBerry 10 native look, feel and speed
- BBM connected application
- Support for devices with physical keyboard with shortcuts to move, rotate and zoom the image
- Browse your photos or choose one from the gazillions on the net
- The simply integrated browser points to search images, but by browsing anywhere on internet, simply with a long tap on an image, you can use that in the app
- Build your animated GIF then save, share, set as your BBM or contact avatar
- The Compose GIF interface let you set per frame delay
- Set a linear delay between frames automatically
- The interface let you move, scale and rotate the images simply with 2 fingers gesture
- The pinch to zoom sensitivity can be adjusted
- Axis magnet option when rotating image
- Set as wallpaper your preferred image
- Invoke Avatart with other apps choosing "Share" or "Open in"
While there are no filters included in this application to alter the image, users may preview the animation before saving, adjust the file size and pixel dimensions, and select the quality or color palette which ranges from 8 to 256 colors.
For those who love changing up the wallpaper on their home screen it offers the option to set whichever image you choose as one. Whether it be an image you discovered through your internet search to use as a gif or one on your device, there is a quick shortcut at the bottom to set as your background.
No matter where you are it is a quick and fun way to create animated gifs from hundreds of images at your fingertips. As a freemium application, there is no cost associated to download, however, to access all of the features requires an in-app purchase of $1.99. You can find it at the link for BlackBerry 10.