Canada Inc. has decided to place their popular utility application, Auto Block on sale for a limited time. From now through Friday April 11th, the BlackBerry 10 app will be discounted from it's regular price of $4.99 to $1.99.
For those of you not familiar with the application, it scans your SMS, PIN, and email messages and blocks unwanted spam messages from getting through. Not only does it block and delete messages from specific contacts, email addresses, and phone numbers, but there is a keyword filtering option as well to weed out ones common to these junk messages.
You can get the full rundown on the application here, or check out the feature list below.
- Native Cascades app with beautiful graphics, transitions, and animations. App incorporates all the flow gestures BlackBerry 10 is known for!
- App is headless! No need to keep the UI running all the time to do the blocking.
- Simple, clean and attractive UI with focus on the best user experience.
- Supports all your email accounts, PIN account, and SMS account so that all spammers can be managed.
- Easy to unblock blocked contacts, and clear blocked lists.
- Filtering by Keyword in message Subjects support to block spammers who constantly change their email addresses and SMS numbers.
- Built-in reporter/updater to discover spammers through other Auto Block users!
- User-level optimizations to only load messages from a certain number of days ago to reduce load times.
- Block spammers directly from the BlackBerry 10 Hub by pressing-and-holding on the email and selecting Auto Block!
- Logging pane available to see all the previously blocked messages as well as message subject/body previews.
- Completely silent app and will not disrupt your usage when messages are blocked. You have the option to turn on and off the sound alerts.
- Simple and straightforward tutorials and instructions.
- Unlimited number of addresses can be put into blocked list.
- Stable and mature app: Thoroughly tested over the iterations to prevent all crashes, and has been written with performance and usability in mind.
- Major focus on minimal battery life consumption: The app only reacts when messages arrive on the specific accounts activated and not any others thus reducing CPU usage.
- Built-in bug-reporter.
- Active frame shows the last message that was blocked or the total number of messages that are blocked.
- Permission validation: App recognizes when permissions may be turned off and is stable not to misbehave, but rather it will warn the user.
For those who wanted to purchase this application but were holding back because of the price, now is the perfect time to grab it. If you don't see the price change right away, it may still be be populating BlackBerry World so be sure to refresh.