It has been a while since we heard anything about ARKick but the long awaited update has now arrived and is available in BlackBerry World after teasing its release for a day and it's jammed packed with changes. The company behind it all, ReFocus Tech decided to focus on improving the experience to the maximum extent rather than giving multiple minor updates plus, with this release they've also introduced a brand new feature dubbed Virtual Location.
The full list of changes include:
- Improved Sidekick Engine (Better suggestions via more contextual filters)
- Revamped user interface
- Home screen shortcuts for frequently used categories and sidekick engine
- Virtual locations – Experience any place in AR view, without having to go there!
- Estimation of time to destination
- More compact info page, showing only necessary information
- Map now enhanced with a traffic layer
- Multiple category selection
- New app icon, in preparation for Blackberry 10.3
- Optimized for Z10, Z30, Q10, Q5
- Drastically reduced loading/wait time
- Reduced file size from 12mb to 6mb
The update is live right now so if you've been using ARKick previously, be sure to grab the latest version and give it a go. If you're new to ARKick, you purchase the app for $2.99. No doubt, it's a little high on the pricing side so if you're hesitant to jump in, that's understandable. In that case, check out the trailer, look at the screenshots from BlackBerry World and give us a bit to go ahead and get a hands-on up for it.