Remote Desktop for BlackBerry®
For help getting started using Remote Desktop for BlackBerry® please go to the following site:
For Support please contact: email@example.com
This App is Built for BlackBerry™ approved. This official BlackBerry designation offers complete confidence that it meets BlackBerry’s high standards for quality and performance.
We now have support for connecting through BlackBerry Enterprise Server 10 (Coming with Update 188.8.131.52 and above)!! Note: Must be installed in the Work space to work through BES 10.
Designed from the ground up for BlackBerry® 10 Remote Desktop for BlackBerry® enables you to connect to your Windows based computers across the Internet from your BlackBerry® and stay connected with your home or Office. Use your full Windows applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Internet Explorer along with the plethora of other applications for the Windows platform without sacrificing functionality from anywhere. You can leave your computer without losing access to your files, applications, and e-mail and there is no need to sync data as everything will be there when you return.
Do all of this without needing to install third party software or server applications as all of the server components are already a part of most versions of Windows apart from the home versions. As well you will be able to gain access to corporate systems via the Microsoft Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) that are running Remote Desktop services where there is no option to install third party services for remote access.
• Built from the ground up for BlackBerry® 10
• 8, 16, 24 and 32 bit color support
• Standard screen resolutions including the BlackBerry® 10 native resolutions
• Maintain a list of servers with a single tap to connect
• Save your username, password, and domain to speed connections and reduce typing
• RDP data compression and caching to save bandwidth
• Support for console sessions
• Support for non standard ports
• Double tap to open files
• Press and tap for right click functionality
• A menu icon to show the keyboard to ease text input
• Maintain multiple connections t the same time and jump between them
• Provides both Gesture and Pointer modes for more control.
• Open RDP files
• Send a connection to another user via Email or BBM (does not send saved credentials for security)
Remote Computer Software Compatibility
The following Windows Operating Systems have Remote Desktop Services and can be connected using the Remote Desktop for BlackBerry® client without any additional server side software:
• Windows Server 2000
• Windows XP Professional
• Windows XP Media Center Edition
• Windows Server 2003
• Windows Vista Business, Ultimate and Enterprise
• Windows Server 2008
• Windows 7 Professional, Ultimate and Enterprise
• Windows Server 2008R2
The following Windows Operating Systems do NOT have Remote Desktop Services and are not compatible:
• Windows XP Home
• Windows Vista Home
• Windows Vista Home Premium
• Windows 7 Starter
• Windows 7 Home Premium
• Mac OS