In true RIM developer fashion the above title may sound a little bonkers, but RIM is all about helping prepare developers with getting their games ready for BlackBerry 10. But fear not as you won't have to travel to this Port-A-Thon as it is 100% virtual.
All you need to do is register and log in from wherever suits you best and bring your existing or new games to the website where a RIM expert will be on hand to assist you with porting the game over to the new and awesome BlackBerry 10.
And getting your apps in early with also bring you rewards:
- You will receive $100 for each gaming app approved (up to a maximum of 20)
- Submit more than two games and get a free BlackBerry PlayBook!
- Be one of the first 100 qualified participants to submit more than 5 or more (but less than 10) games and receive a free BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha device.
- Submit 10-20 approved games and as well as getting the Dev Alpha device RIM will also take you to the 2013 Game Developers Conference in San Francisco.
Sounds alright to me!
Aaron Ardiri who is one of the BlackBerry Developer Evangelists gave me some info on the event earlier. He and his Crack team will be on hand over the 36 hour session to make the porting as seamless as possible. Can the RIM Dev Team do anything wrong these days?
So in preparation for the event you will need to ensure you have completed a few tasks.
- Register for BlackBerry App World if you have not already done so.
- Request signature keys - Make sure you select BlackBerry PlayBook and BlackBerry 10 and higher. Downloading in advance will save a bunch of time.
- Make sure you have your images and icons ready to go.
Interested in porting to BlackBerry 10? This looks like the easiest way to do so. What are you waiting for? Go register now!