Announced at the BlackBerry launch event in January, the Amazon Kindle app for BlackBerry 10 is now available. The Kindle app lets you browse, purchase and view books, magazines and newspapers right on your BlackBerry 10 device. With Kindle you can also take advantage of Whispersync to keep all of your books synched up across your devices including bookmarks, notes and highlights.
Other features include:
- Read Free Books—Choose from thousands of free ebooks such as Pride & Prejudice or The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes.
- Shop for Books—Easily shop for ebooks, including new releases and New York Times Best Sellers.
- Use the Built-In Dictionary, Google, and Wikipedia—The Kindle app has a built-in dictionary that allows you to look up words instantly while you’re reading your ebooks. Simply tap and hold a word to view its definition or use the Google and Wikipedia links to get more information.
- Sync Your eBooks—The Kindle app lets you read the same book across devices and automatically syncs where you left off so you can start reading on one device and pick up where you left off on another device. The app syncs your furthest page read, bookmarks, notes, and highlights between Android, PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, BlackBerry, Windows Phone 7/8, Kindle Cloud Reader, and any of our Kindle devices using our Whispersync technology.
- Sample Books Before You Buy—Read the first chapter of a book for free before you decide to buy.
- Customize Your Reading—Choose your preferred font size, screen brightness, background color, and orientation (portrait or landscape) to read your books.
- Borrow eBooks from the Library—Check out ebooks from your local library and have them delivered wirelessly to your Kindle app.
Amazon Kindle is free download and is available now for BlackBerry 10 devices. Keep in mind it may take up to 24 hours to show for you in BlackBerry World.