Space shooter AlphaWave gets updated for BlackBerry 10
We first took a hands on look at AlphaWave for BlackBerry 10 back in April 2013 and for fans of the shoot 'em up game you'll be pleased to hear an update is rolling out - the third so far.
The game is action packed - you control your craft at the bottom of the screen and using the two tabs on the left and right you have to shoot down asteroids and a selection of bad dudes. You can pick up extra weapons which can be activated by a tab on the right of the screen and likewise on the left there is one for a bomb which will destroy everything in the game
New in this latest version:
- A whole new survival level which combines all enemies from the first two levels and then bombards the player in a hardcore, non stop barrage. The player is given 150% health and full speed powerup at start up and that's it! Very fast paced, fun and VERY challenging!
- A kill streak tracker that tracks how many objects were killed in a row. Resets after a second or when the player is hit.Score multiplier that increases scores the better one plays. It gets reset when the player is hit.
- 24 unlockable achievements
- Random wave variation. Certain waves have different variants that are picked before they start so the player gets a slightly different experience each time!
- More visual effects all throughout
With a free demo version you can test out the game before deciding whether to purchase. Mind you - it's only priced at £0.75/$0.99 anyway. Give it a try and see what you think. All touch BlackBerry 10 devices only again I'm afraid.
More information/Download AlphaWave free demo for BlackBerry 10