It's no surprise that the PlayBook comes with an amazing camera and video camera. Joseph and Isaac proved just that as they roamed the convention center armed with their PB's at CES. Since I'm the kind of girl who likes adding special effects to my snapshots I couldn't help but check out Warp-a-tron for the BlackBerry PlayBook by Gregory Caldwell. Don't let the name fool you; it's a great photo effects application that lets you preview and adjust the effects in real-time before you save the final shot.
Warp-a-tron is easy to use. Everything you need is right there when you click on the app. You can snap a pic or swap between the front and back cameras on the right and there are three tabs on the left which let you select the special effect, change the effects' parameters, and to top it off gives you the option of adding a picture frame around your new masterpiece. All photos can be saved as JPG or PNG files in your library.
- Choose from a wide variety of special effects
- See the effect in a real-time - LIVE PREVIEW - then take the picture
- Change the effect parameters and see the updates in REAL-TIME
- Multi-touch controls for change parameters as well as using the parameter panel
- Switch between front and back cameras
- Save your masterpieces in JPG or PNG format
- Full device rotation support
- Add a picture frame from the collection provided
- Add transparency to the image to allow a range of backgrounds to show through
Warp-a-tron comes with over seventeen special effects (i.e. Zoom, Carton, Sepia, Sketch) that are sure to get a giggle or two from your kids as you morph each picture. It was recently updated to v1.3.1 that added a new displacement effect. You can pick up Warp-a-tron for $1.99 from BlackBerry App World.
Image with mirror effect and frame added