If you are looking for an ad blocker to use on your BlackBerry 10 smartphone and don't want to resort to using a third-party browser, Ad Blocker for Default Browser is the app you're looking for. While the developer does have a third-party browser that has an ad-blocking feature, he knows that some people prefer using the native browser and so he is catering to them with this app.
There is one thing to note when using this app: it will only work when you are connected to a Wi-Fi network. The app contains instructions on how to get the ad blocking service up and running, and you can choose which Wi-Fi networks the service will run on. Here's what Ad Blocker has to offer:
- Blocks ads at the source, ads are never loaded resulting in faster web browsing
- Improved privacy, many ads track you, when blocking them you are reducing your exposure to being tracked
- Automatic ad block updates, no user intervention required
- Does not run in the background on your device using up battery
- Configuration takes less than 2 minutes
The developer has stated that he is working on getting the ad blocking service to work when you are connected to a cellular network, but in the mean time he does suggest having a look at the Evolution Browser app — it supports ad blocking all the time. If you are interested in getting the app, how about a free copy? You can get your hands on 1 of 250 free copies that the developer has made available. Follow the instructions below to get yourself a free copy.
- Open up BlackBerry World
- Swipe down from the top and tap Redeem
- Enter promo code AB250CB
- Tap the green FREE icon to download
If you miss out on a free copy, you can purchase the app through BlackBerry World for $1.99. Ad Blocker for Default Blocker is available for all BlackBerry 10 smartphones.