Back on October 2013 we featured a video review of Ablative Air for all-touch BlackBerry 10 devices. I just happened to notice that the game has lost its $1.99 price tag, although I'm sure this is only temporary, but if you liked what you saw but were put of by the price, now's the perfect time to give the game a go.
The concept of Ablative Air is to protect the space station that orbits the earth. There's no aliens in this one but like in real life you are protecting it from debris that travels through space. So, from your space craft you must aim your lasers and lock on to the debris before it collides with the space station. The debris will be circled in a blue circle, however if that circle turns red it means that a collision is imminent. Using the laser cross hairs you must lock on to the debris and blast it before impact.
- Blast the trash orbiting the earth with 6 specialized power-ups
- Work your way through 4 difficulty levels, including the devilishly hard lemon difficult
- Prove your mettle during 3 unique sudden-death rounds
- Win 30 distinctive achievement medals, including 4 top-secret Black Ops
- Battle for supremacy and officer rank on four leaderboards
- Compete with your friends. Game over screen tells you who's on top
- Photographically rendered earth, sun, moon, stars, and Milky Way
- Debris paths with orbital dynamics and atmospheric drag
- International audio from 5 spacefaring nations
- Real-life debris currently tracked by NASA
- Attract mode with space factoids and game-play tips
I thought it was well worth being a paid game but considering it's now free for a limited time go and give it a go and see what you think.