Take part in the BlackBerry Fitness Challenge! Even details below!!!
We're a week into the 60 Day BlackBerry Fitness Challenge now and things seem to be off to a pretty good start for all those participating. Remember, there are multiple ways to participate in this event (full details below), so it's not too late to get started and get involved. We have a very active BB Fitness Challenge Forum thread going on now as well as a BBM group for those who want to join, so if you have any questions jump onto the thread. Now for a couple quick updates:
- Gym Technik update/patch available: Gym Technik released an update today that addresses a few of the bugs people were experiencing with the built-in twitter functionality (hash tag not showing on long tweets, text entry field not scrolling properly, not being able to tweet from a cardio workout). To update, open the app, sync your data, and then click on the prompt to download the available update (new version is 0.9.111). You should be good to go!
- Deadline to Submit your Before photos is July 15th: If you want to take part i the best before/after portion of the contest, be sure to get your photos submitted by July 15th. The sooner you get them done, the more days you have left to improve!
If you're not up to speed, the full contest details are below and you can post your questions in the forum thread as well. See ya at the beach!
60 Day Fitness Challenge Contest Rules and Details
Transformation Summer Challenge - Enter the CrackBerry & Gym Technik fitness challenge and transform your body in 60 days
Gym Technik and CrackBerry are teaming up to get BlackBerry owners to be the fittest group of Smartphone owners around. This first of it's kind 60 day fitness challenge is open to all BlackBerry owners, who want to push themselves to look their best this summer, and win or lose, we'll all win at the end. But to make it more exciting and competitive, we have some great prizes to give away at the end of the contest for those who really commit.
To be eligible, you need to have a Gym Technik account, and track your workouts and body weight on Gym Technik. Gym Technik is the Online and BlackBerry fitness app which we've covered many times in the past. The site allows you to setup workout routines for yourself, and follow and track the workouts when you hit the gym. You can track your workouts using their native BlackBerry app, or using their mobile website. To use the app, you'll need a Gym Technik premium account, which you get a 30 day free trial of when you register. And these guys believe ‘the more the merrier', and they'd like this contest getting competitive. So to help out they've announced that they will give 40% off their annual premium subscription for all who sign up and join the fun during this 60 day contest period. If you still don't want to pay for the app after your trial, you can still track for free and be a part of the contest by using their mobile website. The promo code you will need to use when you upgrade at their store is cbsummerchallenge. I can't say I've ever seen them give away their premium at this much of a discount, and at little more than 2 bucks a month, this is a great value (note: discount applicable for new premium sign ups only).
Here's how you get started
- If you don't have an account, sign up free at www.gymtechnik.com
- Setup your workouts Online by building your own, or by grabbing from their library
- Schedule your workouts on the Gym Technik calendar
- Link your Gym Technik account to your Twitter account (This one's important to be eligible for prizes)
- Login to the Online site, and navigate to My Account > Share/Link
- Download the app to your BlackBerry by pointing your BlackBerry browser to http://get.gymtechnik.com
- Start working out! Track your workouts and body weight progress and follow the rules below to stay eligible. Contest officially begins on July 1st, 2010 and ends 60 days later on Sunday, August 29th at midnight PST.
Here's how you take part in the contest and the prizes
Contest Winner #1:
- When you finish your workout, end it on the app by the following steps:
- Click the BlackBerry menu button
- Click "End Workout"
- You be shown a summary page of your stats. On the top a button asks "Share how you feel"
- Click "share how you feel..."
- Type whatever you want, but it needs to start with the hashtag #blackberryfitchallenge.
- At the end of the 60 days, we'll query all the #blackberryfitchallenge tweets from Twitter, and randomly pick a winner
Contest Winner #2:
- At the end of the 60 days, we'll query all the #blackberryfitchallenge tweets from Twitter and create a leader board. The winner will be person at spot #1, so the person who has the most tweets (ie. Most workouts)
Contest Winner #3:
- Best before/after picture. To participate in this, take a picture of yourself on your "start day" and upload it to Gym Technik. In this before photo, you need to make sure you're holding your BlackBerry up so we can see the date on your BB home screen and/or a newspaper that shows the date of entry (if you're serious about winning, be sure you clearly work the date in there and take lots of photos so we can see it - if you're competing to win this one, don't be wishy washy on it. Go all out! Heck, even record a BB video showing you scrolling through the CB news of the day or something). And finally at the end of the contest, when we ask for photo submissions you can simply grab the photos from Gym Technik and submit to CB (we'll post details then). CB nation will vote on the most dramatic before/after. This one's optional... If you don't want to participate, just don't submit after your photo to CB. But you can still upload to GT for your own vanity.
- Extra Instructions: You'll have until July 15th to submit your "before" photo to GymTechnik. Ideally you'll want to submit it on July 1st so you have the full 60 days to train hard. After you have submitted it via the GymTechnik app, send an email to email@example.com, with the subject "crackberry" and let them know your username. We'd like to keep close contact with those who are really taking this event seriously (maybe we'll get a little BBM support Group going!).
- Option for non Gym Technik/Twitter users: If you want to participate in the event but are not on twitter and don't want to give Gym Technik a try, you can simply email your before / after photos in to firstname.lastname@example.org, with a subject of crackberry. Be sure to attach your photo and make sure that date is clear.