3D animated weather app Orbit udpated to v1.2 with bug fixes and more
World time and weather app, Orbit, has received an update to v1.2. With it comes lots if improvements and various bug fixes. Every time I use Orbit I always end up spending more time on it than intended. The visuals are nice and I get curious to see what other parts of the world look like, weather wise. It's also great to check the time around the world too.
What's new in v1.2?
- FIXED: bug in daylight calculation;
- FIXED: bug causing share feature to occasionally distort image;
- IMPROVED: more robust in low network coverage areas;
- IMPROVED: optimized data usage;
- IMPROVED: the weather detail/forecast screen is now updated live;
- IMPROVED: low and high temperatures are now calculated over the next 24 hours;
- IMPROVED: much smoother animations, especially on Z10 STL100-1;
- IMPROVED: more compact Adjust panel on Q10/Q5.
I have found myself using Orbit a lot more lately but for a quick weather check it still use the regular weather app. But it is always a joy to use Orbit. If you haven't checked out Orbit before you can watch their demo video of its features. Orbit will cost you $2.99 but if you've already purchased the app before, the update is free. It is available for all BlackBerry 10 devices.
Learn more / Download Orbit from BlackBerry World