We have featured quite a few utility applications on the blog but one that has grown since inception and offers a wide array of features is ClipMan Clipboard Manager. This useful and headless application monitors your clipboard to quickly copy and paste several lines of text to any application on your device. From creating drafts, notes, and templates to adding a cloud extension to synchronize your clipboards with BlackBullet, it keeps you productive, day in and day out.
The latest update the developer has been working on may be a minor one, but it only adds to this robust application. With the latest revision, there is a new function to store individual or multiple items to simple text files. For example, if you tick off several items to be saved, Clipman will generate them separately in consecutively numbered files.
As the developer states, this is an extremely important function when saving your personal chat histories from your device including BBM. Now you can backup and archive the data you wish to keep from your mails, texts, emails and BBM, especially if you happened to leave option to save chat history off. Once these files are created you could then copy them to your computer for safe keeping or to be able to access personal information at a later date in case there is an issue with backup and restore of BBM. Please be aware that due to a bug with BBM you are unable to copy the full chat history so you will have to perform this action on a recurring basis.
Using this feature is rather simple. When you open the application, tap and hold on a specific line item to open the side context menu. From here, you can select to save to a text file or tap on Select More to include additional items. Next, select the destination folder to save the files to and you're good to go.
What is worth mentioning is all of the hard work and dedication the developer has put into this application. Over the course of the last few months, the list below encompasses all of the features and enhancements released with each version.
- Version 188.8.131.52: Added a new function to store individual or multiple items to simple text files. In case you mark multiple items to save them they get stored in separate consecutively numbered files
- Version 184.108.40.206: support for the Touchpad scrolling of the BlackBerry Passport
- Version 220.127.116.11: functions to favorite, unfavorite, lock or unlock multiple selected items
- Version 18.104.22.168: added French translation and localization thanks to Mica from France
- Version 22.214.171.124: in case you delete a item which is currently also in the clipboard the clipboard gets now cleared, tool in case you edit a draft for a text and cancel the editing by accident your text gets now also stored in the undo history
- Version 126.96.36.199: the BlackBullet integration was added (multishare to desktop and clipboard sync)
- Version 2.3.1: added Chinese translation and localization thanks to Daniel L. from China
- Version 2.3.0: Added a new favorite function, this includes -
- a small star which you could add to for you important stuff
- a new star marker for your clipboard history list and the details page of a entry
- new filter options (filtering for favorite stars or Turbo Reader position markers)
- Bugfixes: adaptions for the theme at the Z3, Z30 and Q10 devices
If you haven't already picked up this application, then be sure to follow the steps shown below to grab your free copy. ClipMan Clipboard Manager is $1.99 to purchase for BlackBerry 10.
- Launch BlackBerry World
- Swipe down from the top and tap Redeem
- Enter promo code: COPYBBMCHATHISTORY
- Tap on the green FREE button to download
As a feature-rich productivity app you certainly can't go wrong with using this. Now that it has added this feature, it is your one-stop shop for all your clipboard needs for moving multiple pieces of text between any application, archiving chats, and pasting items back and fort to your computer and other devices with BlackBullet integration.